Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hi, my name is Kirsten and I am a fabric hoarder

My friend Rosemary came to visit last weekend and in true crafter style,  she packed her suitcase with fabric to share with me (she still managed to pack enough clothes to look incredibly fabulous!).  These are interior design fabric samples, one of which is $250 a metre.
The one on top of this pile reminds me of my Dads hankerchiefs which in a funny way makes me feel happy.  

How cute is this applique flamingo piece?

And for the boy, jungle animals!

What to do, what to do.  Ideas are welcome. 

In other news : There has been an almighty storm the last 24 hours or so.  Last night we had thunder, lightening, hail, violent downpours and wind gusts that flung the trees sideways.  I was horrified when it started hailing coz my poor tomato seedlings that I was planning on nurturing til it was warm enough to plant out were sitting on the bench outside our door!  They seem to have survived it though. 

It was Tamahere market day but the rotten cold I have meant I couldnt brave the conditions with Mum for which I felt very guilty.  She said it wasnt so bad (yeah right) and we took an order for ten mini flowers plus a couple of completed orders were picked up by customers (more on this when I have the pics).  I was stuck inside trying to keep two antsy kids entertained all day which was not easy considering how awful I felt.  But they are so cute to photograph, little nutters

happy day? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment